Friday 8 June 2007

Hair-do's and tennis....

So, here we are - normal service is resumed. Today has been a good day so far. I went to work this morning and again spent my time amazed at how I can actually do a job this enjoyable and even get paid for it ! Admittedly I'll never be a millionaire, but I just love being with the kids. I have one little chap whose mum really wants him to drink lots of water every day. I know last year there were rows about it - and to start with it was hard to get him motivated and make him remember to drink. But now he's on at least one bottle a day which he keeps infront of him. I've given him a chart to fill in with smiley faces each time he finishes and if its all smileys at the end of the week he gets a laminated certificate. I love seeing how excited he gets receiving it !!



I had my hair done today. So obviously I am looking just GORGEOUS !! Well, maybe not that gorgeous, but certainly the extent of my black roots showing through the blonde has diminished. I had a lovely head massage, a chat and left feeling great ! So great I went and blew money on a red, short sleeved wrap over wool top. Its just fab ! And it came wrapped in tissue paper which is always a thrill. I am easily pleased!!



I have decided on a new plan to combat my ever increasing weight. Well, 2 new plans really:

  • Buy bigger clothes so they don't look tight and I therefore look slimmer.
  • Develop sparkling personality so people are stunned by my wit and don't look at my body.

What do you reckon ? I'm going to give them a test run and if they work I may patent them.

Another plan, which I won't have to bother with if Plans A & B work is to get fit. For this purpose I am going with my Man to Club Night at the Tennis Club tonight. This involves playing tennis with strangers. I am unsure as to their level of ability and am therefore a little nervous. Adding to this nervousness is my indecision as to what to wear ? The age old problem of every woman. Do I go for my white tennis skirt and t-shirt and risk looking a bit cocky or do I play safe and wear my old running clothes ? Will the running clothes show lack of respect ? And, I have to bear in mind that all my clothes ( apart from my new red top ) are too tight ( Plan A is only just being put into place )

This is a dilemma I have to face alone. I know that you are with me through the ether, but I'm off out in 15 minutes - too soon for internet advice to filter through. Think of me.

3 comments:

FarmWife said...

Personally I'm all for the buying new clothes thing. That's what they say on What Not to Wear...wear what fits & you look smaller.

Good luck with the tennis! I wish I was more athletic...but I run out of breath jogging to the mail box (when I'm not pregnant...right now jogging would be an exercise in futility).

Unknown said...

I think you're perfect the way you are! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you chaps !! Tennis was good as my nerves, which are usually rampant, were stilled by 3 glasses of white wine before I went on court.Have now embarked on a detox which I may well write about soon. Farm Wife, do not jog !!! You do not want to give birth quite yet !!! love
S