Friday 25 July 2008

Still cleaning...


I am feeling decidedly dusty after tidying out my #1 son's bedroom. Not that it was a complete tip, but it did need a woman's hand to get rid of vast quantities of " stuff ". Amongst his "stuff" I discovered old toffees, drawing pins ( found by my foot ), sweet wrappers, piles of magazines and I mean piles !!


I am now all hot and bothered and want my obsession with cleaning out the house to be over. I do, however, have our bedroom, the bathroom, lounge and kitchen to do. Not to mention the garden. Its times like this when you wonder why you ever started down this route, and why you didn't just stay content, sitting happily in the mire eating biscuits and watching daytime tv...


I was up at 7.07 this morning... I know this because I was awoken by the Armageddon of 2 sons crying and fighting. Son#2 threw a Cheerio onto Son#1's art work which was, of course, ruined. If I had been quicker thinking I may have been able to telephone the Tate Modern and sell it as a piece of installation art. By "it " I mean the whole scene - boys, Cheerios, milk, tears, paper, drawing. And then I could have gone to live in the South of France. Unfortunately Tate Modern does not open until a tad later than 7.07am so that's another money making scheme out of the window...



Whilst I am enjoying the thrills of the first week of Summer Holidays, my poor husband is off playing golf at Wisley. He had to go for dinner last night with his friends at some Knightsbridge Japanese restaurant, followed by dancing at Annabels and then stayed the night at his friend's spare flat just by Harrods. Poor bugger. I thought of him compassionately as I knelt in my son's wardrobe this afternoon, digging a drawing pin out of my foot....


2 comments:

FarmWife said...

I've decided to live in the mire for another month. After that BabyGirl & #1 Son will be off to school again & I can dig us out of the mess slowly. Until then, it's movies & junk food on the couch for me. :)

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of movies and junk food - although I have to confess to eating 2 Snickers today... S
xx