Sunday 9 November 2008

A weekend in the Lake District

I love the Lake District and that is where we have been this weekend. I drove up with m'boys on Friday - getting there about 10.30. We were staying with my lovely cousin who had invited us up for Guy Fawkes night. This is a celebration in memory of the foiling of the Gunpowder Plot. The boys went up to bed, but I stayed with my cousin, my brother and sister and my other cousin, whilst we waited for others to arrive.
My cousin lives in the most beautiful house, with lots of room for all of us, so its a real treat to go and stay. We sat around chatting until about 1am and then I went to bed. As you can see from this photo of the view from my bedroom window, the place we stayed is in the middle of nowhere. Our day was spent relaxing and building Guys for the fire and then we all trooped over to the bonfire. We drank damson vodka and pumpkin soup while the children had hot dogs and we all sat around the fire.


Sadly it was too wet for the million fireworks we had organised, but the night was still good. The children had a fab time seeing their cousins and I had a fab time seeing my cousins ! We drove back this morning and it was so lovely to see my Man again. I know it was only 2 nights we were apart, but I really missed him !! It was such a lovely weekend though - I am sooooo lucky !!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
Even though we miss our mates sometimes some getaway time makes it more special.