Saturday 20 December 2008

Where did all the money go ??


I went shopping today to get a birthday present for son#1 to take to a friend's party. Whilst out I took some cash from the hole in the wall and when I read the receipt I nearly fell to the floor and stopped breathing there and then. Oh, Good Grief !! I am in a hole. As careful as I try to be I am getting further into debt each month.


I am hoping that my Man will get a little extra in January as they are experimenting with a month of tips this month. Then I can fill up the gap and get myself right. I am just having a moment of panic tonight. I have cut down on all unnecessary spending and, come April, there are a few direct debit payments I will stop. Most of my money goes on the children - blinking school meals are £17.50 a week !! I might think about giving them packed lunches for a while.


I hate having no money. Obviously I do know that compared to a lot of people we are well off, but prices are rising so quickly that my " extra" money each month is disappearing fast. I just have to tighten my belt and get myself together. In the pit of my stomach though is that worry. Going on holiday last year totally wiped me out and I have been struggling to catch up ever since.


I am sure I will wake up tomorrow with a plan, but tonight I am having those late night worries, when everything looks rather dire. If only I could think of a money making scheme...

3 comments:

Gail said...

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings and I'm not singing!
It will get better, has to.

Kork said...

Ouch! You know...BB and I figured we'd save almost $100 US each month if he packed a lunch, and that was after the grocery cost was figured in...we've cut back on as much as we can, but I know how you feel...

It will get better...it must...but I'm planning my garden now to sustain us through next winter!

trixie stix said...

Oh, we are all feeling that "crunch." With RM being a school teacher, we took a vow of poverty from the start of his career. But times do seem to be getting tougher! You always seem to make smart choices, so keep your chin up.