Saturday 4 July 2009

I've done it... signed up to finish my Degree at the Open University!



Great news!! After thinking long and hard about whether I should complete my Degree, which subject I should read and whether or not I could afford it, both financially and in terms of time.... I can now tell you that I signed up for my first course today.


I am going to be studying Approaching Literature the Open University. It is a second year course which looks brilliant. I can use it for points, either towards an Open B.A Degree or towards a B.A Hons Degree in Humanities.




The set texts are brilliant - Pride and Prejudice, Great Expectations, Henry V, Othello, The Colour Purple and quite a few more!! I think I need to get reading! The course starts in October.


So, here I go... on the road to my Degree... and after that we shall see. The main thing is to work hard, enjoy the study and do my best. It will take me 3 years to complete, but I can do this.

8 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

Well done you ! At times I had thought that maybe my earlier posts were a bit too strident - but I'm delighted to hear that you have decided to proceed with your dreams.

I recall finishing my Open University course and getting my certificate dated on my birthday - which was lovely !

It's not always easy but then I can't think of a thing that comes easily that is worth having in the long term, and certainly not for keeping.

But your certificate will be !

And I also recall one thing I saw years ago - that "to teach is to touch a life".

How wonderfully satisfying that sounds, if that is your ultimate goal.

Gail said...

Congratulations! Did you ever think...

I am proud to know you, we are never to old to learn something new.

The Girl With The Mousy Hair said...

I ma actually applauding now at my computer. Can you hear me?

Unknown said...

Oh gosh! Thank you so much! I have listened to all your advice and that of the people around me here and yesterday I just thought I needed to do this.I am so excited and a little afraid at the same time!

Reading your positive comments on here fills me with excitement and makes me very happy to know that you are interested and pleased for me.


Thank you!!!! Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Well done you! I studied Pride & Prjudice, Othello AND The Colour Purple at school, so if you fancy nattering about them then that'd be great.

I bet it'll be hard but I don't think you'll regret it. x

Unknown said...

Thank you Urban Cynic! I may well take you up on that! I waiver between enthusiasm, excitement and downright fear! Its a long time since I wrote an essay! S

Kork said...

Sarah! I am so proud of you!!!! I know you'll be excellent and have a wonderful time!

Best of luck to you on your first course!!

emily said...

I'm so very glad for you! I know that you struggled with this decision and I'm so happy you're going for it. You should be proud of yourself!