Wednesday 28 April 2010

Home movies of times gone by...

I am just in from a run.For those of you new to my ramblings I have been running on and off, but mostly on for the last 10 years... My goodness... is it really 10 years?? You would think that I might have got a bit better by now!! Anyway - my running blog is linked to down my right hand side bar. Having watched the London Marathon this weekend it brought back lots of happy memories.Right now... well, not exactly right now, but at this moment in time I am running a 2 mile circuit so the thought that I was once capable of running 26 miles is close to incredible!


I have been watching my old home movies over the last couple of days. I have never sat down to watch them before and I have to admit that as a family we are all addicted! To see my boys as little ones - playing, talking, having birthdays and Christmas, falling asleep in high chairs and dancing around our lounge - is just wonderful.

Part of me longs for them. I know that I have them now and I love them, but I wish I could just step into the tv and hold those little fellas in my arms again... If anything, watching them is making all of us very loving towards each other.I think we all appreciate how special those times were and, indeed, that the times we live in now are just as special.We want to savour every minute.My overall impression of our family life back then is, and this is wonderful, how very happy we look.Now that is better than winning the lottery.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Some times we forget is the busy day how much love there really is.

Gail said...

the first is should be in...I need to proof read more often. Sorry.

Kelly Hudgins said...

You've made me want to figure out how to transfer my tiny video cassettes to my computer. And go to the gym.