Saturday 7 August 2010

The earliest post ever...

This post is going to be the earliest ever post written by me.I have been awake since 4.30 this morning when my husband's alarm went off for him to get up and go to work.I had not slept well all night, for some unknown reason, but after lying in bed, tossing and turning for another hour I eventually got up at 5.30 and came downstairs to make a cup of tea and do some work.

It is now 6.39 and I am still feeling really quite strung out. I don't know why... I am perfectly happy, but I feel tense and headachey. I just want to be able to sleep. Usually I can sleep anywhere at anytime, but not today.I think I will make myself some toast and Marmite and do some reading.

Still no news about the audition, which does not bode well. And the allotment keys have not arrived either. I feel like I am in limbo, waiting for things to happen, not in control of anything... Oh gosh...

5 comments:

Urban Cynic said...

Afternoon! I've just got up after rolling in around the same time you woke up. I hope you are having a well-deserved lunchtime kip.

I'm only up because it's gay pride today & people are making gay noises outside in the street.

Eternal Worrier said...

Insomnia and blogging seem to go hand in hand don’t you think? Although I’m not sure that staring at the laptop screen helps to get back to sleep. Don’t they call it digital caffeine?

Gail said...

Something I am well acquanited with, odd hours of awake.

As we get older, I hear it gets worse!

Pauline said...

I think we all have the odd occasion when that happens. I tell myself I'm processing something I'm not yet aware of, to relax and wait and sooner or later all will be revealed. Sounds like gobbly-gook, I know, but it works for me! :)

Julia Christie said...

Hmmm ... we are maybe on a wavelength together...I had the same happen to me last night, tossed and turned from 3:30 in the morning until 6. No idea why. I hate when that happens, leaves me quite grumpy.

Hope all is better now.

Smiles