Wednesday 16 March 2011

More allotment news and photos...

As I write this my back is a tad achy... For the third time this week I have been 'down the allotment' digging. I dug another bed today and moved some of my black plastic stuff about ( an essential job). I have to pace myself because I can feel my back beginning to complain about the amount of digging I am doing.

I planted my raspberry canes in a container yesterday to keep them healthy until I can put them in the allotment. I am trying to find a cheap way of making raised beds or finding old scaffolding poles to make raspberry cane poles, but so far unsuccessfully. I feel time is passing very quickly and I want to get on. Sometimes I feel like the man in War of the Worlds who is digging an underground city... but has only dug about 9 feet!!

I am going to put a shed in this corner...


...with its back to the left and its door to the right, running along the fence.


my new blackcurrant bushes...

I dug manure into the middle bed and blackcurrant bed on Monday and have bought a gooseberry bush to plant in the extended fruit bed at some stage. All this plan is in my head ... I must draw it and post it!


One day there will be veg ... one day ....


No comments: