Friday 16 December 2011

Tis the season to be jolly ...

Earlier on today I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. Someone had made me feel so angry and generally fed up. But I looked around me and thought that really that person was only one person among so many in my life. The majority of people in my life are so gorgeous, so caring and wonderful. So I decided that rather than fill this blog post with my anger and bile I would fill it with the happiness those people give me.



I have friends at work who make me laugh every day - and in a good way, not just because they're weird!! Our work community is filled with people who work damned hard, but with a smile on their faces. The girls in the office are run off their feet, but always find time to help one. The corridors tend to ring with laughter rather than tears, but if you do have a down day people are quick to notice and ready with a hug or a cup of tea.

I looked at my pigeon hole today and found that not only mine but everyone elses had gift bags from our boss. How kind is that? We had a bring a dish lunch which was warm and fun and filled with Christmas spirit.

After lunch we had a final assembly and at the end our staff choir sang "Winter Wonderland". As we walked up to get onto the stage the children went wild!! It was like being on the X Factor!! As I looked down on those beaming faces I just counted my lucky stars that I work in such a great place. It is a real privilege to be a part of it.

Tonight I am out with my football chums. We are going for our Christmas Awards curry night and I can't wait. I work with most of the girls and you just couldn't meet a better bunch. They are down to earth, honest, kind and we have a real laugh together. I count myself so fortunate to have such very lovely people in my life and it makes me feel sorry for those people who spend their lives in negativity and glumness. I know we all have down times, but there are some people who never seem to have a glass half full - theirs is always half empty ...

Anyway - I hope you are not feeling too queasy with all this positivity and schmaltz, but I have had such a good day and I wanted to write about it. Some days you do have to take the bull by the horns and just refuse to be affected by misery. Today was one of those days and I really felt touched by joy.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Good choice...happy holidays!