Monday 22 January 2007

Muddy but happy.........!!







I didn't write yesterday as my man was home and I didn't feel right hanging around the computer for hours ! But we did have a great day. We went up into the woods near our house and walked and walked. We were away for about 2 1/2 hours with our boots on looking at the fallen trees and mud, smelling the smells of an English winter. Wonderful!




We are so lucky to have the countryside right on our doorstep. We walked for miles and stopped at a pub for a drink and some crisps to keep us going !! The pub was not in the middle of the wood - we had to make a small diversion !!



By the time we made it back home all of our faces were glowing with the cold, fresh air and we all felt alive!! I cooked us roast lamb with roast potatoes and all the trimmings, with a good glass of red wine.



I have to say that we were a family that slept very well indeed last night !!


No comments: