Friday 29 June 2007

My Lovely Man...

My Man has had to put up with an awful lot over the years. He is a good kind person and I never cease to have my heart flutter when he walks into a room. We met 21 years ago and have been married for nearly 15. Through those years we have back-packed around the world, had 2 children, been through deaths of his mum and my dad. He has cared for me untiringly through childbirth, motherhood and hormone induced misery. I try my best to care for him, but I don't think I quite reach the same levels of unselfish wonderfulness !



So, I would say that I was very lucky. He has just had 2 days of " boys stuff " with my next door neighbour, which is unheard of. They went to the cricket at the Oval together and came back last night , late and tipsy. Then today they played golf together with some other friends. My Man is a good golfer and has recently joined the local club. He has just arrived home - tired, but glowing. I am so happy for him. He spends so much of his time with us, or working, that its lovely to see him let his hair down and enjoy himself with the " boys ".



I think he may well have to take time out to recover now, but I am glad that he went !! He encourages me to go off with the girls for Book Club or Birthday Meals so its nice for him to have fun too. But, you know, the nicest thing is that when it comes down to it, we both love being together. Given the choice I'd choose him every time. He still makes me laugh, even after all this time. And he still called me from the cricket to let me know what was going on. We have our own space and encourage each other to enjoy it, but we also have each other, and in that we are very fortunate. He is my Rock. And I love him.

2 comments:

trixie stix said...

I get the feeling you are both anchored together by a strong love. The kind that stands the test of time. Blessings to you both!

Mommy to 4 little people said...

I hope this is what I can say after 20 something years. We are 6 years in and I still love him deeply. Thanks for the inspiration.