Wednesday 4 July 2007

Floods everywhere....



This is only a short piece, but I wanted to say something about the flooding. This June has had the heaviest rainfall since records began in England. It seems to rain every day. One minute it sunny, the next the sky is black and stormy. For us, where I live, it just means that our gardens look very green, if a little bedraggled. But in other places people's lives are in ruin. The North of England has really suffered and my heart goes out to the people there. It must be just horrendous. Visiting Joshua's blog Isee that the USA is going through dreadful flooding too. Is this all part of global warming? Its pretty scary. I thank my lucky stars that all my family and friends are ok so far. If you and yours are not so lucky, then I wish you well and hope for blue skies and insurance that actually pays out.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I wonder if it is because of global warming? How odd. It could just be this time of year. I do however, think that these things are happening more and more often.