Sunday 22 July 2007

Political rants



Well, I don't know if you read my earlier post about what we've been up to this weekend ? I put on a lovely photo of the dress I'm wearing to a wedding, and other such thrilling stuff. But I came back and discovered a comment that I didn't like. Now, I really don't mind who comments on my blog and so far I have been lucky to only have received positive encouraging stuff. But I really object when someone comes along and uses the page to just paste on a load of political "stuff". If you have a point then get your own blog - don't just use other peoples because maybe we might get more traffic than you. And if you want to rant, fair enough, but have the manners to at least make a small comment about this blog, or say hello, or something.




This blog is for my rants and for those of my friends if they feel like it. There. Rant over.





Oh, and I deleted the whole post as well as the rubbish comment because I am too thick to know how to just delete a comment I don't like. Luckily I like them all usually!!




Oh, and here's the dress and shoes --what do you think ?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ew! That makes me mad honey. I like the shoes though! :)

~Joshua

FarmWife said...

I so love the dress & shoes!!! So very fab!

Inkling said...

I love the dress and the shoes. Oh, to be able to look hot in red.....it will never happen in this life.

On a totally unrelated note......I've got a question for you, and was wondering if you would consider writing a post sharing your opinion. Here goes....

I'm Farmwife's cousin, originally from the States, and living in British Columbia, Canada. I've been here a year, but still seem to provoke others opinions of the "ugly American". Sadly, I have to agree that I've grown up in a very ethnocentric community, though I thought I was a little more multi-cultural.

Anyway, here are my questions for you as someone from the UK. What things do Americans do, whether in word or deed or even gesture, that cause you to get annoyed or think of us as the "ugly American"? What things could we do or say to dispel that impression?

I realize those questions may put you on the spot, or you may not even enjoy answering them. (Especially if it seems at all like the yucky political rant you had on that post you spoke of) So please know that these questions are just asked out of curiosity, and a real desire to know how to be now that I'm an American living in Canada. And please, if you do choose to write your opinion, don't be shy. Be totally blunt and honest; I really want to know what you think.

Unknown said...

Glad you like the shoes, guys !! Nowthen, Inkling. I have been thinking about what you have asked me to do. I think I need to have a good old think about what I really think, so I will write a piece, but not quite yet ! I promise that I will be honest. I am intrigued as to why you asked me to comment ? I think its an interesting topic though - so watch this space ! S

trixie stix said...

I'm late to the party, as usual. But I bet you looked fabulous in that dress and shoes. Maybe you should post a photo?

Idiot comments piss me off too.