Wednesday 25 July 2007

Jolly nice wedding and Party in France....




On Monday we went to our friends wedding. How beautiful !! They are such a lovely couple and the service brought tears to my eyes. They have been together a long time and are just so in love. One of the readings was a piece from "Captain Corelli's Mandolin " which talks about love and how, after a while, love is not about fireworks and mad passion, but a gentle strength that sends down roots until the roots are bound together and become one. I wish I could find the extract for you, but I can't by just flicking through the book. I am obviously going to have to read it !!


I love weddings. It always brings me back to our wedding. I remember being so excited. I had not a single doubt and planned to walk down the aisle chatting to all my friends and family. When I entered the church, though, all I could see was my Man. It was as if we were the only 2 people in there. Our eyes were locked. As we said our vows we held hands and I was overcome with the meaning of what we were saying. I felt the emotion inside me and knew that if I opened my mouth to speak I would wail !! I looked round at my sister, my bridesmaid, and tears were streaming down her face too. That was it. I cried. The priest made a joke to release the tension. We all laughed. That was a fantastic day from start to finish. Lots of tears, lots of laughter.



I hope our friends will be as happy as we are.



Tomorrow I am off to my brother's house in France. Just for the weekend, but I am looking forward to it. They live in the middle of nowhere and this time tomorrow I will be sipping wine, probably at the table below. Let's hope my Mum talks to me !!

2 comments:

Mommy to 4 little people said...

Oh how marvelous!! Sounds like a wonderful time both the wedding and your trip to France. I loved my visit to Europe two years ago or was it three??? Anyhow, I did not get to see nearly enough (Germany mostly Bavaria, Amsterdam and Prague) I cannot complain though before that trip I had never even left the USA. Wow! I can not wait to visit Europe again. Next time I want to see Paris, London, Amsterdam (again), and Ireland! Not too much eh?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good plan to me !! S