Tuesday 9 October 2007

All's well !!!

Well, what a relief! I don't have to resign after all !! I was rather embarrassed going back into work yesterday, but it turns out that my lovely neighbour C was even more lary than me and therefore diverted attention from me to her. She has inadvertently saved me from a reputation as a lush. Apparently I looked serene. Wow! I certainly didn't feel it. Still, moving on.

I went into JD Sports yesterday to change my Nike+Ipod Running device thingy. The first one I had was brilliant, but the sensor battery died prematurely. The second one was dead to start with. My third one, I hope seems perky. I have to say that the staff at JD Sports have been very obliging with my complaints. They exchanged the thing straight away even though I had no receipt ( I am keeping all receipts from now on )

BUT!!! How can they bear to work in a place and be completely and utterly ignorant of the products they sell ??? Not one person in that shop had any idea how the Nike+Ipod worked, what it did, or anything about it. If I worked in a place that sold things, anything, I would want to know about my product. Wouldn't you ? Just so I didn't look a complete plonker when a customer asked me about it. Polite as they were they obviously did not have a clue. I have been in there 4 times now and each time I was greeted by blank incomprehension.

I don't know. Do people have no pride ? I just have to look on the bright side and be grateful that they were polite and changed it for me.I appreciate politeness even if it is blended with an air of vacancy.

4 comments:

Mum's the Word said...

I completely agree with you and I wouldn't want to be a plonker either! (I love that word, bytheway and I will be incorporating it into my daily vocabulary!) :-)
JJ

Unknown said...

It is a good word isn't it ??!! Not used nearly enough. I look forward to seeing it regularly in your posts from now on !!! S

Unknown said...

It is a good word isn't it ??!! Not used nearly enough. I look forward to seeing it regularly in your posts from now on !!! S

Unknown said...

The EXACT same thing happened to us! They sold P the Nike + iPod attachment, and it wouldn't even work for his iPod! Amazing. I've been lucky that nothing has happened to my Nike+ sensor, but you've got me digging for the receipt. Hehe.