Saturday 16 February 2008

Hello, hello !! I am still here...

Goodness me, I am failing in my blogging right now. I am finding it very hard to find the time to sit and write on here. I am either out running, cooking, sleeping, working or taking my boys to various sporting activities. When I do get a chance to sit down at the computer I feel guilty for not sitting with my Man !!

This week has been Half Term and we went down to the New Forest for 2 nights. We actually stayed in a hotel rather than camping which was dead luxurious for us !! And it was great. We all needed the break and enjoyed each others company massively. On the Thursday we hired bikes and went riding through the Forest. The 4 of us did 15 miles with a stop at a country pub for lunch. Lovely !

The New Forest is full of wild ponies, deer, streams, birds and is just beautiful. Luckily the skies were blue and the sun shone all day for us - so although it was cold it was gorgeous. I feel invigorated now and so glad that we took the time to go there.

At one point there was a ford across a stream which we had to ride through and the boys just loved it ( actually all 4 of us loved it !! ) We went back and forth getting more and more wet, but dried off in the sunshine as we rode on. It seemed as if we were the only people in the Forest and we all relaxed. Just lovely.

5 comments:

FarmWife said...

So glad you're back! I've missed you.

Your trip sounds heavenly. I'm thrilled that you all had a nice break.

trixie stix said...

Sounds heavenly!

Mommy to 4 little people said...

OH I am so jealous.....wishing I could be that active outdoors. It is WAY too cold here right now...maybe in a few weeks though.
Glad you are back I have missed you!

Unknown said...

Thank ladies !!! I missed you too !! S

Margot said...

Wow, I just visited the New Forest website. It looks and sounds heavenly!!