Friday 28 March 2008

Congo - A Disaster Zone - Please take time to watch this...

Yesterday I sat down to watch the News. I watched a report about the Democratic Republic of Congo. As I sat with my 2 boys, warm and cosy in our nice house, we all fell silent as we watched. Across the world people are suffering in the Congo. Ordinary people who have known only war, all their lives. Women, from toddlers to grandmothers, raped by rebel soldiers.

45,000 people die there. Every month. If that was happening in the U.K or the U.S there would be outcry, outrage. 45,000 men, women and children every month.

Please click on this web site and from there watch the report. Please ask others to do the same. This situation is truly awful. I remember watching the report from Ethiopia when I was a child, when people were dying from famine. This is even worse, even bigger, even more preventable.

Please watch.

1 comment:

Margot said...

I will go and watch this link. My mother was born in Congo so I am bonded to that country....
I will go and see it, and I will spread the word but not tonight, I do not feel strong enough tonight to look upon the atrocities that humans put upon each other.

I hope you are okay.