Thursday 27 March 2008

We will miss you...

My Auntie Joan passed away at the weekend.There is no gentle way to say it and I was so shocked to hear the news. She was one of those people whom you never thought of as "old". She was 75, but up until recently was still dancing, keeping fit, loving life.

When I picture her in my head I cannot see her without hearing her raucous laugh, her squeal of delight at something that struck her as funny. She was elegant, always immaculate, with the poise of a dancer, which is what she was, but warm and always interested in those around her. She loved antiques and had an eye for things of beauty. She was witty and bright, striking with her white, white hair cut into a flapper's bob.

She was a special lady.

4 comments:

FarmWife said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.

Margot said...

In French, we say "sincères condoléances"... I am so sorry for your loss, Sarah. I am sure your Auntie Joan will watch over you from up above.

Unknown said...

Thank you both so much. I appreciate your thoughts. S

trixie stix said...

I am so sorry for you loss. We are wishing you and your family peace in this tough time. Take care.