Tuesday 30 December 2008

Christmas running in the English countryside...

Today has been excellent.We started by taking part in a 3k run through the local countryside. All 4 of us and my Man's brother and family took part. The day was glorious and it was such a gorgeous thing to do. There were about 60 people - men, women, children and dogs - all out for a run/ walk/ scamper. The picture above shows my Man warming up... or possibly cooling down...He ran with the 2 boys and they came charging in 1st 2nd and 3rd.... brilliant !! Do you like his Christmas hat ?? Oh, and he does have 2 legs... he's just stretching...
This is where we started from and did a loop along this path and through the fields. I did a lot of my Marathon training along here...

It was so beautiful that I stopped to take some photos. I just love the idea of everyone taking part in sport together. There is no elitism, just thorough enjoyment. Everyone cheers everyone else on and we all stayed to see the last person in ( There was a 10k, 5k and the 3k race )The mulled wine at the Finish was delicious... I think it should be de rigeuer at all races... don't you ??


2 comments:

Gail said...

I just enjoyed Sinnerman...I like!
Wonderful county shots and especially wonderful that it was a family affair.

AKM said...

Brilliant brilliant pics m'dear. Sounds like a perfect day. Annie x