Wednesday 17 December 2008

Time bomb

There are times when life seems very unfair, especially at this time of the year when we are trying to be jolly and full of love for our fellow man. I heard last night that an acquaintance of mine has suffered 3 minor strokes in succession. As a self employed single mum this has , of course, had an even more devestating effect than if she was in a job that paid for sick time or if she had a husband to care for her.

What is even worse is the fact that she has been told that another stroke is imminent and inevitable, and this time it will be massive. What an appalling time bomb to have hanging over you. My heart goes out to her and her family. They must be so frightened. To know that this lies in wait for you at some point in the near future...

I count my blessings that we are all well and safe and I am going to try to help in whatever way I can. At the moment I am searching for what I can do. Another friend is being amazing. She is so kind - turning up with food, inviting them for Christmas. I don't really know this poor lady all that well, but I hope that, with my other friend, I can do something.

2 comments:

Kork said...

sending prayers for this woman and her family. God bless you and your friend for opening your hearts to her, and offering that which you can!

Gail said...

Prayers said. It is so sweet, your friend and you helping out. Bless you.