Friday 1 May 2009

A brief catch up on m'week.

This has been a busy week. I have found myself enraged by the British government's treatment of the gurkhas, encouraged by the growth of my garden and bemused by the general fear of swine flu.I have even considered sneezing into the crook of my elbow as advised by the WHO.Fortunately however I managed to remember tissues and have been able to sneeze into them instead.The thought of a snot encrusted sweater sleeve is not a pleasant one.I have not yet invested in a face mask as they only seem to do them in blue, pastel....I would prefer something in dark purple.


I have probably missed the boat as far as blogging about the whole Gurkha thing goes. Suffice to say that I am very pleased to see that they will be allowed to settle in this country... the country they fought for, bravest of the brave. Gordon Brown and his cronies should be ashamed of their political immorality. Do they not look at life and just know that sometimes you have to do the right thing, no matter what the financial cost?The sooner this country is given the chance to get rid of this dreadful Prime Minister the better. It will be some time yet though as he is too cowardly to go to the country. He will go down as one of, if not the most unpopular leaders in our history.


Well, I am tired tonight, so I am off to bed. N'night.

1 comment:

BALLET NEWS said...

I'm completely with you on the treatment of the Gurkha's.

My Father was awarded an honorary Kukri after serving with them in Queen Elizabeth's Own Gurkhas - the Elite Gurkha Rifles, and although undoubtedly it's a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands, the intricate silver carvings on the sheath are beautiful and it's a treasured posession.

They are fierce and brave and I can't believe there is anyone who wouldn't want them living in the United Kingdom.

Roll on the elections !