Monday 1 June 2009

Witness to a mugging.

I have had a super week - lots of sunshine and fun. Last night though I witnessed something that I can't get out of my head. We were driving back home from London after a great day out.We were stopped at some traffic lights, with my Man driving, when I gazed over to the side of the road.


I saw a woman standing by the roadside and a man behind her. While I watched he raised his arm above his head and walloped the woman over the back of the head. She fell to the floor, obviously unconscious. The traffic moved on ( we were 3 lanes away ) and I couldn't believe my eyes. He bent to pick something up from the side of her as we left.


I keep seeing it played over and over in my head, especially his eyes - wide and wild. I didn't know what to do as I couldn't say exactly where it happened. It was dark, but there were other people around - just not close to these 2 people. I called the police from my Mobile phone and gave a description of what I had seen.


We couldn't stop - we had the boys in the car and we were in the fast lane, but I felt terrible not doing anything. I hope I can find out what happened to her, if she was ok. I hope she is...

3 comments:

Gail said...

You did all you could do! What could you do...jump out of the car, run through three lanes of moving traffic after dark, and probably have the same thing happen to you? You gave a description, a location, so the woman got help.
Good job!

The Girl With The Mousy Hair said...

I agree with Gail, you did all you could. It's horrible when your mind gives you action replays of things that you would rather it didn't.

Annie said...

Darl, You did the right thing by calling the police. Do call the local station if you think of anything else that you didn't tell them on the day. Horrible, though. Annie x