Thursday 23 July 2009

More ballet sketches - progression from pupil to professional...


I have worked hard today to draw this sketch - showing the progression from pupil to professional. I like the first three drawings, but not the last one. I am now officially obsessed with this and just want my pictures to look how I want them to look....


I am going to have to have a break tomorrow and will do some boys over the weekend. That will be a challenge!So, I hope you like this one - do let me know, I would be interested in your opinion, good or bad.


Again, its probably best if you click on it to get the best image....

5 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello Sarah. This sketch is just perfect. You really have worked hard ! My Blogger dashboard is all over the place for some reason this evening so apologies for not picking this up sooner.

Are you happy for me to use this one or do you want to tweak it (it seems perfect to me !) ?

I should have said that the first interview is a boy so I will wait until you've rustled up another fabulous sketch before I go to press !

I am so grateful that you have taken on the challenge ! Thank you.

Unknown said...

My pleasure, Elise.I am so relieved that you like this.I will work on the boy sketch over the weekend - sorry for keeping you waiting.S

Gail said...

Wonderful job, not only have you covered the ages but the positions. Good job!

emily said...

You drew this?? Holy Moly, that's amazing. :)

BALLET NEWS said...

Please don't apologise Sarah ! I'm very happy to wait, as is my interviewee !

My spam filters seem to be in overdrive right now and I'm not getting many of your comments until days later, but I keep checking your site and mine and I think I am up to date. Technology eh ? What's the point of having a safe senders list if the filters still think they are spam ? The problem is that once in the black hole of spam, they can sit there for days before surfacing, so even if I check the spam folder there is, as often as not, nothing there, even though I know I am missing emails. Driving me slightly spotty but hey ho....