Sunday 23 August 2009

Woman's Face - watercolour.


Since I started working more on my painting I can see progress. Each day I know what I want to work on. I painted this portrait and over the last few days have worked on it more. There are parts that I like and think that I have done well, and parts that I know could be better.Its funny how the image in my head is still not the image on the paper, but every day I work on a piece the two get closer together!


Each painting or drawing I do I post in my Secret Gallery and the more I do the less it is for anyone else but me. I seem to be drawn in by the calming and therapeutic aspects of the creative process itself! To sit at my kitchen table with the radio on, the back door open to the garden and my paints before me is just lovely. As I lie in bed each night ideas pop into my mind for projects and I can't wait to start drawing. I can't believe that I have spent so many years not doing this... Still, the most important thing is that I am doing it now and I am happy doing it.

1 comment:

Gail said...

I cannot do faces, this is terrific! Keep up the good work.