Wednesday 6 January 2010

Snow day !!!!

I have had a lovely day!! I was at first dismayed to discover that my school was going to be open today, despite the heavy snow and forecast, but grew happy as the call came through to say that the place was to be shut for the day after all.I was just on my way out the door - all in my snow gear, ready to walk as there was no way my car was going to get me there!

I have spent the day with my Man and my boys and the girls next door, sledging, snowballing and building snowmen.In between these activities I have worked on my essay - sorting out alliteration, enjambment, caesurae and goodness knows what else!! You may realise here that I am shamelessly name dropping. Before my course, indeed before a month ago, I had no idea what caesura or enjambment meant.I have discovered that they are either a cutting off of a line mid flow or getting your poetical leg over!! Well, that is the heathen in me coming out ... sorry.

Anyway, enough of poetry, blah blah blah. Now for some pictures for you of our day and our snowmen!!









3 comments:

Gail said...

Isn't it fun to have a play day?

Stay warm

Urban Cynic said...

You've been an honorary freelancer for the day!

Kati said...

What beautiful pictures! :)

~Kati, Hooks of Hope