Friday 5 February 2010

A Blackberry surprise reward...

Last night I went out with my girlfriends for dinner. We had a fab evening and were the last to leave the restaurant. We only left then because the waiting staff were setting up camping beds around us and yawning... Anyway - as I got into my car in the restaurant car park I noticed a small black box shape.I nearly got in and drove off, but something made me look closer and it turned out to be somebody's Blackberry.


I picked it up and drove home where I rang the number on the front of the device. What a good idea that is... although the phone was locked it had a number to call if it was found.There was only an answer machine of a company, but I left a message and my name and number. I thought that whoever had lost the Blackberry would be gutted, after all, these machines contain our lives these days...

The owner, and his boss, and his wife all phoned this morning and the wife has just been by to collect it.She was soooooo grateful and had bought me a lovely bouquet just like this one and a box of poosh chocolates!! How kind!! I said to her that she really needn't have bought me anything, but what a nice gesture. Its quite made my day!!

2 comments:

Urban Cynic said...

That's really nice; it's rare for people to help each other out nowadays, you just expect people to do you over.

I nearly left my laptop on the bus the other day & that has me entire business on it - I would have been ruined! I was so busy thinking that it would be terrible to leave it on the bus that I did! Luckily a woman handed it to me just as I was about to get off.

I'm glad you're one of the good people too...

Gail said...

We have a saying, one good turn deserves another.

It was very good of you. Honesty does pay off after all.