Friday 29 October 2010

Take That tickets fiasco. Why am I so needy???

I am not a big gig goer - if there is such a word. I have been to a few concerts in my time, but I have to admit that I am not a Glastonbury going, died in the wool music officianado. The gigs I have been to have either been complete fluke like when my sister won free tickets to Live8 or someone else has arranged a night out.

Anyway. Enough of that nonsense. Today I decided to splash out my own money for a gig I really wanted to go to. Take That. Yes, I know. I am showing my middle age, but I fancied a sing along and thought why not??

I joined Ticketmaster yesterday and sat, ready with my password and credit card this morning from 8.18 am fully expecting that the site would welcome me with open arms and offer as many tickets as I wanted. I pictured myself bountifully handing out tickets to poor unfortunate friends who had not managed to get any. Lines opened at 9am and I was there. Click. Crash. Click Crash. And so the day continued. Over and over again I had virtual tickets in my hand, ready to pay.... and CRASH!!!Do these web sites not realise that there will be millions of people crowding to get tickets??



Where is the technology? How can I spend hours and hours at my computer and on the phone and still not get tickets?? Are they idiots? Surely someone must have invented software that can recognise that a small blonde in Hertfordshire wants tickets and should be prioritised?? And why is it that my friends on Facebook managed to find tickets? They kept popping up, gleefully telling the world that they had tickets. Well bloody bully for you... I HAVEN'T!!!

So. Now I have given up.To hell with Take That and Ticketmaster.I don't care about the tickets. I can spend the money on something worthwhile instead. I might watch the DVD when it comes out.

 Well, when I saay to hell with you I really mean.... if you are reading this PLEEEEASE CAN I HAVE 2 TICKETS?? I'll pay and everything....

5 comments:

gilliecoco said...

OMG your day sounds exactly like mine was! I too sat poised cc in hand and eleven hours later I was still there and still without tickets! I know I am far far too old to love a boy band but I do (53 def too old) but I too am resigned to being brave about the whole thing now but will be absolutley seething in July when the concerts take place!!!

Marina said...

I hope you didn't give up and that you have your tickets :)

sarah at secret housewife said...

no I didn't get tickets in the end.Still, luckily everyone else I know in the world.... did.I hope they are very happy at the concert...Sorry you didn't get any. Maybe we could start a rival gig movement?

Caz said...

How annoying is that??!!!! Maybe you just weren't meant to go?

Gail said...

Did I hear a little of the sour grapes fable there? I would send tickets if I could!