Wednesday 23 March 2011

Glittery cupcakes for Japan Disaster...

I have spent the afternoon baking. The result is 3 tins full of chocolate glittery cupcakes. They are all going to be sold tomorrow at the fundraiser I have helped organise for the Disaster in Japan. I blew up balloons and put up posters today to advertise it and I hope that tomorrow we will make a lot of money for Save the Children's Disaster Appeal.



I have never done anything like this before. I have been involved in the PTFA of my school in one way or another for a long time, but I have never instigated or organised anything like this. I feel so strongly about this though. The disaster in Japan is so monumental and so tragic that I really felt I had to do something. My friend felt the same way and between us we have sorted out this event.

If you feel the same way and want to help - maybe you could visit Save the Children .... see what they are doing and maybe, maybe.... make a donation to help those poor people?

3 comments:

Inkling said...

Posts like this one make me want to fly over there and wrap you up in a big hug. You are simply wonderful, you know? I hope your kiddos see your big, beautiful heart and love you for it. And I hope you make a mint to send to Japan.

B. WHITTINGTON said...

I'm ashamed of the little bit I do and here you are baking cupcakes in your corner of the world and hoping to make a difference. I will go on Save the children and make a donation for Japan.
Thanks for inspiring me.
Blessings, Barb
Go cupcakes. Nothing like a chocolate high.

sarah at secret housewife said...

You 2 ladies are so lovely! Thank you for your kind words and thank you Barb for making a donation!!
Sarah
xx