Wednesday 27 July 2011

The hell of holidays ...

The summer holidays are upon us and although I do realise how lucky I am to have the luxury of 6 weeks paid holiday in one big glorious chunk I find myself feeling a bit strange. Now don't worry. I don't expect any of you to feel any sympathy for me. After all why should you feel sympathy for a woman who has nothing to do all day but read, garden and generally do whatever fancy takes her??

It is odd though how much a creature of habit I am. In term time I have my routine of getting up at 6.30 am, preparing for the day for both myself and my boys. Then I work and obviously the day is filled with routine. Now that the holidays have arrived I find myself floating about in limbo.

I have my chores to do, but it doesn't matter when I do them. If I want to stay in bed all day I can... Is your heart bleeding for me yet??

Its odd how we all long for our holidays, dreaming of lazy days of relaxation, but when it actually comes down to it we need order and routine. At least I do ... I am happiest actually when I am doing things. I like the thought of "Right... I am doing this and then I have to do that, and after that I might have time to do this... " This week I have to get all my washing done for going to France. I also have to read my set books for my course that starts in October. I need to tidy my garden and write a review for Blogcritics. But I am a bit disorganised.

Here I am writing about not being organised when really I should be doing the things on my list!! So, on that note I am going to get off here ... maybe I will check my emails and have a look on Facebook before hanging out my washing and maybe getting lunch ... Durrr ...

2 comments:

Urban Cynic said...

Half past six??!! I haven't seen that hour for a very long time my friend. Although I'm a freelancer and can do what I like, I'm still envious of such a long holiday - freelancers aren't allowed to go away so I sneak off without telling anyone!

Caz said...

No routine and a trip to France? Oh you poor thing!! Enjoy.