Wednesday 21 March 2007

Goodbye ironing.............

Ok I have definitely moved to the sad side of life. I don't mean that in a miserable kind of a way. More sad as in "get a life, woman!! " My realisation of this occurred only moments ago when I sat down to write and thought that I would tell you how I have officially given up ironing.......


You see, I have no life. How can anyone be interested in the fact that I don't want to iron clothes any more? Well, I can probably keep rambling now in the certain knowledge that you have stopped reading this and have gone to watch paint dry, or some other activity more thrilling than my blog.


But, it is true. I had a revelation in bed, in the dead of night, that I was sick of walking into my kitchen to see a massive mound of clean clothes waiting to be ironed. So, that's it. As soon as it is washed it will be folded and put away. No longer will 3/4 of my wardrobe be in a pile in my kitchen. I will iron as I need clothes and I will be immaculate. Noone will know that my drawers are filled with crumpled stuff. And my kitchen will be gorgeous too. A win, win situation.


There, I've written about it and I feel better. I have shared and I feel cleansed. Thank you and Good Night.

2 comments:

Margot said...

Lol...
See, I read through the whole of it, didn't go and watch some paint dry or brush my teeth or something.
Because you may think it is not, but I assure you : your blog is far more interesting than watching paint dry, and far more thrilling than any ironing ;-)

Funny you wrote this today... I just ironed four of my man's trousers. Must have been two years since I held anything that even looked like something to iron with...
And your right, my kitchen does look neater and noone knows that my drawers are filled with extremely crumpled stuff (because I have even given up the folding too, shame on me...) so I TOTALLY understand how you feel...

And to think that I don't even have children yet... God, what will I do then?
Lol

ps : yes, Sarah, the flowers on the pictures are growing in my garden. I suspect them of being one of the reasons why I also gave up the folding of my clothes. But I do fold my man's clothes though ;-)

trixie stix said...

I have all the tools necessary to iron. Here is how I use them: My ironing board is used to hold the piles of wrinkled laundry I haven't folded yet, the wreath from Christmas and an extra bag of cat food. My iron is used to press bits of crayon between waxed paper that it later called "art." So you see my ironing tools are used everyday.

My clothes are crumpled lovingly in their respective drawers, unless you go into teenagers room, then floor assumes that job.

I'd wear wrinkled clothes to have a clean kitchen anyday.