Wednesday 4 April 2007

Look away now...unless you like FROGS.....


Now, I know I said that I was going to be an Earth Mother type - growing my own lettuce and cucumbers and all that jazz, but this going too far. There I was this afternoon, out in the garden, weeding, pruning, generally working far harder than is my usual predilection when.......
Out pops this little chap. And when I say little I don't actually mean little. I am trying to spare the more sensitive of you from the fact that he was ginormous!!! Yes, I know far too much use of italics and exclamation marks, but its my blog and I can do that if I want.
To be honest, I am not afraid of frogs, in fact I rather like them. But not when they stealth jump. Thank God I was wearing my fetching green gardening gloves or I may even have touched him.Obviously his heart was beating at a rate too, but he was far cooler than me. He sat still whilst I ran shrieking round the garden.
On a completely different note ( pardon the pun ) I have started playing the piano again. I am not good and have absolutely no natural talent, but I am almost as obsessed with the pianoforte ( as we musical types prefer to call it) as I am with blogging. What with this and that my Man is close to giving up on me and my backside will soon be wider than a barn.
Note to self: GO RUNNING.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Every time we go walking and happen to encounter a frog, I jump a mile and generally shriek very loudly. Meanwhile, my husband laughs at me and walks away. Sigh. It's not like the frog is going to hurt me...

Unknown said...

Music is great. I just recently got my trumpet back...although, I need to practice tons! :)

Unknown said...

My brother-in-law plays the trumpet! S

trixie stix said...

Good luck with the piano. Maybe we could hear some on your blog one day? :-)