Saturday 22 September 2007

My Boy's Birthday.

On Thursday it was my #2 Son's 8th birthday. We had such a lovely day! He was Mr Excited, waking up for the first time at 2am. " Can I open my presents now ? " he asked. " NO. " came the reply. " Go back to bed. "

At 6.15 he came in again and this time we did agree to presents. We sang Happy Birthday and cuddled and remembered 8 years ago. In the evening we went out to eat at Ask and I don't think I have ever seen my boy so happy. It was just gorgeous. He ate pasta with gorgonzola and spinach in a cream sauce ( an 8 year old ?! ) and the staff brought him chocolate cake with a candle and we all sang Happy Birthday. I may be slightly biased, but he is SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!

Today we had his birthday party. He had 12 friends to play football at a local centre. ( soccer ) It was great fun. I did leave needing Valium though as some of his friends ( 3 to be exact ) have obviously never heard of table manners. Just revolting. I am a very patient person usually, but if I had had a machine gun...... I told one of them that I would never be inviting him to another party as his behaviour was so appalling ! Oh, Good Grief ! I really lost the plot there. At the time I thought I was being quite restrained.....but now I look back ??

Still, it made me see, even more, what lovely boys I have. We have just sat together snuggling on the sofa, eating crisps and watching the X Factor. And now, after a lovely vanilla bath they are off to bed. I am going to read them stories and thank my lucky stars that they are so good !!

2 comments:

Mum's the Word said...

Happy Birthday to him! That tells me that you and your man must be doing a good job b/cuz good kids come from good parents
;-)
JJ

Unknown said...

Thanks for saying that ! I do wonder about my abilities as a Mum sometimes, when I am very grumpy. Thanks ! S