Sunday 22 June 2008

Lucky girl!!

I am spending the afternoon dibbling and dabbling... I have watered all my geraniums and am on my 3rd lot of washing. The sun and wind are well on the way to drying everything. I sit on my patio reading Lord of the Flies for Book Club on Thursday whilst the water splashes from my urn, over the Cornish pebbles below.

My boys are playing beautifully with the girls next door. Son#1 is parking his toy cars and building lego with one of the girls. Son#2 is riding his bike with the other girl. Occasionally they wander in for drinks and a treat of chocolate biscuits. I look at them and smile with the warmth you can only feel as a parent, when all is well with the world and you are proud to be mother to such lovely children.

Its funny, after the last few weeks where things have not gone well, I really appreciate today. My man is playing baseball, and I wish he was here, but I am glad to know that he is having a good time too.

If my life could continue as it it is today it would be like winning the lottery. I am a very very lucky girl.

1 comment:

Margot said...

Glad to read that you had your day of sunshine after all the clouds!!

And we are very very happy to have you back!!