Tuesday 6 January 2009

Freak cornflake accident injures housewife...


Yes... it all happened on Christmas Day. We play a game called the "cornflake packet game ". You have to pick up the cardboard box in your teeth without touching the floor with anything but your feet. Easy, I hear you cry... Well, yes it is, until the packet gets cut.... a little bit more each time until its a piece of flat card on the carpet. Then try and pick it up in your teeth...


I have been ( speaking very modestly here ) the family champion at this for about 30 years. Some may wish they had bettered me, but they haven't ... until now. This Christmas I did my best, balancing on nearly one leg, lips reaching for the slightly foldy uppy side of the packet, but it was too much. I just couldn't do it. My left hip was too sore and I had to admit defeat, much to the joy of son#2 who took the crown.


He is now King of the cornflake, Lord of the box, Master of Manouevres. He has taken my crown which I give to him gladly... but... Good Grief, my left hip is mullered. I think I must have inflamed something vital because it hurts like Hell. Luckily though it does not hurt when I run... so this has coincided nicely with my new keep fit campaign. I just have to run everywhere, which is a little... exhausting.

1 comment:

Gail said...

I have carried raw eggs in spoons while racing. I have balanced books on my head while walking. I even trained my dog to take food from between my teeth without touching me. BUT, I have never played this game! Sounds like fun.